For more info or bookings call 01268 820440
We have three 'Golden Rules' which we ask you to follow.
Respect the Venue
- Every carp must be weighed and photographed on both sides. Enter the details onto the catch report forms provided.
- Bream & Tench - place in a keepnet or retainer and inform the bailiff.
- Maximum of three rods per angler. All in the same swim.
- Do not cut back tree branches or vegetation.
- Please leave the toilet and shower facilities in a clean and tidy condition.
- Drug and Alcohol abuse is not tolerated, those found highly intoxicated will be asked to leave, and placed on a collective fishery ‘black list’.
- No fires, including all forms of BBQ/fire pit.
- All vehicles must be parked in the designated car parks after unloading. The track must be kept clear at all times.
- Anglers must leave the lake by 10am on Saturday following their session.
Respect the Fish
- Gigantica unhooking mats, nets, weight slings, carp care kits MUST be used.
- No carp sacks allowed on site.
- No leadcore or lead free leaders; except for Korda Dark Matter Leaders, or similar.
- Barbless Hooks Only - No long, curved shank hooks or 360 rigs to be used.
- Minimum reel line diameter of 0.40mm (we recommend 15lb Touchdown).
- No braided reel lines or shock leaders allowed; including fluorocarbon and mono shock leaders (with the exception of spod/marker rods).
- Tapered Mainlines are permitted, minimum diameter is 0.33mm (12-40lb).
- For Zig fishing, 0.30mm minimum hooklink diameter.
- All rigs must be safe, ensuring that the Carp can lose the lead in the event of a “crack off” or the line breaking.
- Any fish suspected to be over 50lb must not be removed from the water without the bailiff being present, day or night. Leave it in the net and contact the bailiff (24hrs).
- Rods must not be left unattended under any circumstance in The Treeline, Scottie’s Corner, Big Southerly, The Stink and Big Girls. When fishing tight to the tree line, you must fish locked up with the rods secured firmly in the butt rests.
- Fish must never be lifted from the water in the landing net. The fish care board explains all.
Respect other Anglers
- Please keep within your swim boundaries as shown on the lake map.
- Rigs must be cast from the bank, no wading.
- No remote controlled bait boats allowed.
- Rowing boats are not to be used.
- Please keep music to a low level and be aware your voices travel in this quiet part of the countryside.
- No dogs or other animals allowed.
- No Pike fishing.
- No anglers under the age of 18 allowed on the Main Lake at Gigantica.